New Lounger
    Thanks

Address Book Profile

[img]/w3timages/icons/shy.gif[/img] I am using IE5.5. When I want to send a page or link by email I cannot get to the Outlook Express Address book. Each I click on "Send" I get "Choose Profile". Obviously neither one listed works. Does anyone know of a way to get the Outlook Express address book. This used to work before and then all of a sudden it is gone.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Address Book Profile

I had this problem at one time too and got some good advice from my ISP helpdesk. As I recall, the problem is that Internet Explorer is not recognizing Outlook Express as the default e-mail program. Try the Tools/Internet Options menu on Exploere and select Outlook Express as the e-mail service. IF it doesn't appear in the dropdown menu, you may have to reload either or both of IE and OE from the Microsoft update site. No great problem, and in doing so, you'll be prompted at some point to identify the default e-mail program.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Address Book Profile

I thought this might be the problem, but Outlook Express is the default email client. Everything I check seems to point to Microsoft Outlook (which I don't use). I was going to go through the Registry and delete everything related to Outlook and hopefully that would jolt things back to OE. Not sure if this would work.