Star Lounger
    Thanks

can't find ...personal folders(1).pst (outlook 200)

I run Outlook 2000 on a windows 98 2nd ed machine. My son played with my Outlook. Now, whenever I open Outlook, it works fine, but shortly after opening, I get an error message window that says something to the effect of "cant find file C:windowslocal settingsapplication datamicrosoftoutlookpersonal folders(1).pst." If I click the cancel button I get another error window. If I click that cancel button, the problem goes away and all works well until the next time that I start Outlook. My actual pst file is stored in c:dataprogram settingse-mailoutlookmail foldersmail.pst. My son was apparently trying to set up a second user profile. How do I get rid of this annoyance?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: can't find ...personal folders(1).pst (outlook 200)

Go into Tools, Services. You'll find the pst file(s) listed there. To ID the offender you may have to click on the different entries and click the properties button. Once you've pinned it down you can act on the problem. You can make new entries, remove old ones etc.

You need to be careful here. If you're working in internet mode your delivery point and all your data is in a pst file. Can you send/rec OK? I'd make a backup copy of all the pst files before doing anything else.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: can't find ...personal folders(1).pst (outlook 200)

Thnak you. Please forgive my tardyness; I have been out of town. I will try your suggestion this weekend.