Star Lounger
    Thanks

Variable not accepted (Access 2000)

In the OnOpern event of the form i have the following command:

Dim InExtVa As String
    InExtVa = " SELECT products.Productid, products.grade, [order details].liters, orders.orderid, orders.orderdate, orders.orderdate " & _
    " FROM (orders INNER JOIN customers ON orders.customerid = customers.Customerid) INNER JOIN ([order details] INNER JOIN products ON [order

details].ProductID = products.Productid) ON orders.orderid = [order details].OrderID " & _
    " WHERE (((Year([InvoiceDate])) = " & CnstYear & ") And ((orders.CustomerID) = 118)) ORDER BY products.grade"
    Me.RecordSource = InExtVa

I want to imrpove it by creating a variable StrOffice like that

Dim StrOffice As Integer
    StrOffice = 118

And then repliacing it in the code:
    InExtVa = " SELECT products.Productid, products.grade, [order details].liters, orders.orderid, orders.orderdate, orders.orderdate " & _
    " FROM (orders INNER JOIN customers ON orders.customerid = customers.Customerid) INNER JOIN ([order details] INNER JOIN products ON [order

details].ProductID = products.Productid) ON orders.orderid = [order details].OrderID " & _
    " WHERE (((Year([InvoiceDate])) = " & CnstYear & ") And ((orders.CustomerID) = StrOffice)) ORDER BY products.grade"

My variable is not accepted.May i know the reason for my mistake?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Variable not accepted (Access 2000)

You have to do this the same way it was done for CnstYear: you have to place the variable StrOffice outside the quotes. Instead of

" WHERE (((Year([InvoiceDate])) = " & CnstYear & ") And ((orders.CustomerID) = StrOffice)) ORDER BY products.grade"

use

" WHERE (((Year([InvoiceDate])) = " & CnstYear & ") And ((orders.CustomerID) = " & StrOffice & ")) ORDER BY products.grade"