2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

User Program Install

I have recently installed Win-XP & I have a few programs which were on my old system under Win-ME that I would like to install.
    The programs & associated files have been archived as a zip file but do not have an install executable. Is there a way to create an install executable and/or install them?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: User Program Install

It depends. Older programs (especially these which were written for Windows 3.x) do not put any entries into Registry, and installation process for them was basically creating folders and shortcuts. Unzip them into their own separate folders and run their executable files (.exe) with PROGRAM COMPATIBILITY WIZARD (Start | All Programs | Accessories, or Start | Run and type hcp://system/compatctr/compatmode.htm).
    Follow the wizard and try to run your old unzipped programs.
    It will not harm your system any way.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: User Program Install

I have taken your suggestion & everything appears to be working fine.

Just a note for anyone that may be interested. During my research I did find an easy to use free-bee that will create a setup.exe called SetUp2Go. The program can be downloaded at http://www.freewarefiles.com/results.php?c...bcategoryid=113 I
    I've installed it on my test system & did a little playing but haven't really had the time to test it out.