Star Lounger
    Thanks

Missing Run in Start menu (XP Home SR-1)

Hello,
    I cannot find "Run" when I open Start, or any where else. I did not, that I remember, delete it, (I don't know how.) Any suggestion on where it went or how to get it back. I have run " Fix and Repair" several time since I got the system, (an HP 1600 MHZ Pavillion with lots of crap on it) in April I think.
    Related question, If I need to do anything with the system, like rebuild, I had purchased SP Home and have the CD, but did not get a CD with the Refurbished system from HP. Any issues with the user code being differrent?
    Suggestions very much appreciated.
    REgards,

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing Run in Start menu (XP Home SR-1)

1. Right-click on the task bar (on the bottom of the screen), but not on the icon, and from pop-up menu choose Properties
    2. Click on Start Menu tab, then Customize button.
    3. Click Advanced tab, then scroll down Start Menu Items window until you see "Run command" line.
    4. Check the checkbox at "Run command", then click OK, OK. You will see Run icon on your Start menu left from All Programs.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing Run in Start menu (XP Home SR-1)

Hi Michael--

Kaplinb's tip gets it back for you; you can also hit the Windows Key + "r" and up comes your run box whether you accessed the icon or not.

defrag