Star Lounger
    Thanks

section outside printable area

When I create like a mail-merge document that I want to print on index cards and I create a custom form size and I merge my records and try to print--I get the message that the margins are outside the printable area of the page, continue yes/no. I get this message for every page since every page has a section break between it. The margins are not outside the printable area--at least I don't think so. I am using Word2000 and a Lexmark Optra T612 printer. Is there a way to get away from this annoying message?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: section outside printable area

You could try the following procedure :

Go to File|Page Setup, select the margins tab. Take note of the existing margins (or if you have a backup there is no need to), change all margins to 0. Word will let you know that the margins are incorrect and will give you the option to Fix or Ignore. Select Fix and if it that has no adverse effect on you output, you should have no further problem with that document, (except maybe with a different printer).

Andrew C

Thanks

The settings for minimum printer margins generally are set in the printer driver dialogs (at least for PostScript printers). You could fake those down to very small values to avoid the errors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Jefferson:

Did you draw that arrow on your graphic using a shareware program called Marconnit? Just curious.

Thanks

No, I need to shop around for some better software, but I used Alt-PrintScrn to copy the dialog, opened Paint and pasted (my default document size is tiny so pasting and OKing to increase margins makes a nice tight fit), then drew the arrow (3 fat lines), then selected all, then opened Microsoft Photo Editor, then pasted as a new picture, then saved as a JPG at 60% resolution to save Woody some storage.

Once you get used to this kind of routine, people watch you in amazement. I tell them, sadly, it's more efficient to do this than to spend hours trying out new software!