4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't see Contacts (2000)

Hi,

Can't seem to get my Contacts - following error comes up.

Pls. advise me how to fix it.

Thanks,

m.q.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't see Contacts (2000)

Hi.

I'm guessing here that your contacts are in a separate PST file, rather than the main Outlook store! If it *is* the main store, then I don't know what's happening. If I remember correctly, Outlook remembers which PST files you have open, and tries to open them next time you start up. If it cannot find the file, then you get the error you display - I get it, for example, when I connect to a PST file on the network but then take my laptop away from it before closing the file.

Two ways you can overcome it - first, find the file and put it back where Outlook expects it to be. To find this, right click on the root folder of the PST file where the contacts are (use View | Folders to see folders if you haven't already) and select Properties and then click Advanced. The file location is shown in black on grey text (and you can highlight it all, even the hidden bit). That is the path it is looking for. Alternatively, close the PST file and then open it again, browsing to the location where it now is.

HTH.

Stuart

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't see Contacts (2000)

If the problem isn't the pst issue then maybe you need to add the Outlook Address Book to your services.

Tools Menu | Services. If you don't see the address book listed you can add it from there. If it still doesn't work after that you may have to right click on your contacts folder, choose properties, then choose to add the folder to your address book.