New Lounger
    Thanks

.dll hell (2000 SR-1)

I just did a detect and repair with Outlook, and now everything I launch Outlook I get a message regarding the proceedure entry point StrTokex could not be located in the dynamic link library MSOERT2.dll, and that something about unable to load the Windows Adress book. WAA.dll I have tried to do another repair, and to no avail. I've even prayed to the God's of Microsoft and still no results. What have I done and how do I fix it?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: .dll hell (2000 SR-1)

Most likely D&R thinks these files are ok. Try Exiting Outlook. Then locate these files are rename them. (They are probably in WindowsSystem). Then run D&R again.

We've had your problem with secur32, which causes problems logging into Exchange. The technique above works like a charm.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion, makes a lot of sense. However, did it and everything is the same. Outlook is still throwing a hissy-fit over MSOERT2.dll and WAB.dll and Outlook Express is throwing a fit over MSOE.dll, in most cases there were two copes on my drive, one in the Windows/System folder and the other in the Service Pacs folder, I changed the system one, should I have changed both?? [Batting blue eyes]

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think this will work since the other didn't, but it's worth a try to unregister and re-register the dll files.

1) Get a command prompt by clicking start | run and entering "command" in the box
    2) Switch to the system directory by typing: CD WindowsSystem
    3) Type: RegSVR32 /u dllname.dll
    4) Type: RegSVR32 dllname.dll

Repeat lines 3 and 4 for the other offending dll files.

The copies in the service pack folder shouldn't cause a problem unless that folder in in the path or Outlook is running from there (neither's likely). You can check the path at Start | Run by typing SysEdit and looking a the autoexec.bat file.