Thread: IAMAAP (??)

Thanks

IAMAAP (??)

Just new to XP. About half the time when I boot up I get a pop out window: "IAMAAP.EXE has encountered a problem and must shut down" I click on CLOSE and it goes away. What is it or what does it mean and is there a FIX??

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IAMAAP (??)

Sounds like a part of the Norton Personal Firewall. First, do a full virus scan of your system, using the latest virus definitions. It's possible that you have a virus that targets this particular file. If you come up clean there, try removing and re-installing Norton's security package. Failing that....post back and let us know more!

Here's a preloaded Google Search of Symantec's wesbite for some additional information.
    -Mark

Thanks

Thanx for your response. Virus scans and One Button Check-up(Norton) all come up clean. There seems to be no connection I can find that triggers that IAMAAP window.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Doc--
    Mark's search may yield something more complete and specific, but as this thread suggests, if you don't see anything at Symantec, try uninstalling and reinstallling Norton Internet Security, or Norton Personal Firewall--whichever one brings you IAMAPP.EXE

You could uncheck it in msconfig diagnostically, but if it is in fact essential to the firewall then you couldn't leave it unchecked.

defrag