New Lounger
    Thanks

Drive Letters (XP Pro-SP1)

I am trying use a USB Flash (Pen Drive). It was working fine until I pulled it out without using the eject function in the Sys Tray. Now the drive is recoginzed in the System Mangager Hardware under USB Devices and is "working properly" under properties. However it does not have a drive letter and does not show up in My Computer, therefore, I cannot access it. I can use the drive in other machines and I can use other devices in my USB ports, so I feel the problem is in my Windows XP assigning drive letters. I left the drive plugged in and re-booted....The drive then became Drive-F which is suppose to be my Network Drive on the server. The data on the pen drive is accesible under drive F but then I cannot access my network.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Drive Letters (XP Pro-SP1)

1. Logon as Administrator.
    2. Then go to Start | Control Panel | Performance and Maintenance | Administrative Tools | Computer Management.
    3. On the next window, click on Disk Management under Storage on the left pane.
    4. On the lower rigt pane, scroll down to your Pen Drive (F.
    5. Right-click on the pane with drive icon.
    6. From pop-up menu choose "Change Drive Letter and Path" and on the next window click "Change" button.
    7. Choose appropriate letter from drop-down menu and click OK, OK. Reboot your computer.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Drive Letters (XP Pro-SP1)

BINGO It worked great the first try. I've been trying to solve this issue for weeks. Thanks again.