Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts

Re: Font Sizes (XP Home SP1)

drcarl, after you change you font sizes to large in IE, try going to Tools | Internet Options. 'Press' Accessibility button. Select (check) the 'ignore font styles ...'. OK your way out.

hth,
    Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Font Sizes (XP Home SP1)

Hi - I am running XP Home SP-1, Office 2002 for XP SP-2, IE6 SP-1, Outlook 2002, and a basketload of other stuff like Zone ALarm and Photoshop and and and....

AND I wish I could figure out how to make the font sizes larger by DEFAULT in XP, IE6, Outlook (<--in the text area of specific appointment windows when fully opened, in idividual contact's text-entry area {what should one call that field that's available when one contact is double-clicked....like when one appt. is opened?}).

I got this awesome new sony laptop that has an AWEsome screen, but, um sheesh, even the Extra Large font is teeny.

Willing to give-up the most detailed display settings for most routine work (since I can always change back when doing a lot of photography work) I tried changing the display setting from 1600x1200 to a lower setting like 1400x1050 or so, but then the icons went off the edge of the screen ! There's probably something simple I'm overlooking?

I am utilizing the (what's it called? Cleartype?)

Under Display Properties, Settings (tab), Advanced (button), I just changed the "dpi" setting from 96 to 120...that seems to have helped, but I still wish I could trick IE6 into using larger fonts by default without telling XP that I am blind and to put a magnifier on everything....same for the text--frames in Outlook...I just want things a little bigger...

These are probably too many issues....oh well...thanx in advance for any input....

Dr Carl

PS - I wish I had a checklist of possible settings that influence font sizes....from the macro to the micro; from global to app-specific. [ Win XP, Sony VAIO, Outlook XP/2002 ]

New Lounger
    Thanks

Woo hoo...that looks like fun - thanx...will try it. I just wanted not to mess with some website designer's artful presentation...

Thanx, dr carl

New Lounger
    Thanks

Joe - I know it's been a long time...I have been deliberating how to fix this for weeks and weeks...I had to leave this note to let YOU know YOU NAILED IT!!! Well, backwards, though. I UN-checked the ignore fint sizes and BINGO --now fonts appear as intended....you're awesome -

thanx, dr carl