New Lounger
    Thanks

IE.6 & Juno - clash?

I'm running Win98SE with IE6, and the ISP is Juno.
    I recently "upgraded" from IE5.5, and now I get Juno dialing up the connection, in addition to IE telling me with three
    consecutive screens that it can't log onto the internet.
    I used to have a single click that dialed up the connection - Now, I can't get anything in the connections to do that for me.
    Please - can you give me the click by click instructions so I can fix this mess? Thanks a lot.

BoardFlak

Re: IE.6 & Juno - clash?

I wish I could help. This sounds a little like what happened to my Mom and Dad's CompuServe account. At least they can get on by cancelling and immediately signing on again. Did you try re-doing the dialup settings? I don't know about Juno, but CompuServe has an option to let it find your modem and set it up. It didn't cure my Mom's problem, but if it even got you where you could cancel and re-signon and get in, it'd be progress.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE.6 & Juno - clash?

Thanks; for the reply -
    Here's what I've done so far:
    Juno provided 8 pages of possibilities, so I tried all that applied - no change.
    Have written back and forth for two weeks, each time with more setting possibilities.
    Finally, I checked Internet Explorer, and found that the settings I made in Juno did NOT translate to Intgernet Explorer.
    I just discovered this, so with two different settings competing to open the browser, good old Microsoft seems to have done it to me again, eh?
    Thanks for the reply. Someone warned me not to go to IE6 - - maybe this is why they said it.