New Lounger
    Thanks

starting contacts in a new window on app-startup (office 2002)

Is there a way to have outlook automatically open the contacts IN A NEW WINDOW, when starting outlook the normal way.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: starting contacts in a new window on app-startup (office 2002)

Creating and running a batch file thus:

"C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10Outlook.exe" /select outlook:calendar
    "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10Outlook.exe" /select outlook:contacts

will open two instances of Outlook - I can't see a way to add two switches to a single command (to open two occurences at once).
    You also do not appear to have any way for OL to remember window closing positions and sizes.

Save the attached txt file as ol.bat and create a shortcut to it - you may need to check the paths match your installation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks

I take it you want 2 windows a a result, the inbox and the new contact window
    There is nothing that I know of in the program option to open other folder on startup, you would have to either create a batch file or use code.
    I would imagine it would be easier to write a little code on application startup to open the contacts folder, rather than tring to find all the outlook shortcuts and replaing with the batchfile.

suggested code:

Sub fred()
    Dim olexplorer As Outlook.Explorer
    Dim olapp As New Outlook.Application
    Dim olfolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder
    Set olfolder = olapp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFold erContacts)
    Set olexplorer = olapp.Explorers.add(olfolder, olFolderDisplayNormal)
    olexplorer.Activate
    End Sub

Hope this helps

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks so far.

Seems interesting, but where should a place this bit of code? in a macro? and how can I trigger that to run at start of application.

Lounger
    Thanks

If you are unsure about Outlook code, please use the batch file suggested by Leif!
    In Outlook, open the code window by pressing Alt + F11
    Navigate to the ThisOutlookSession Module in the Project tree window on the left and double click it so it opens an code window on the right
    In the code window on the right, select Application on the right hand drop down, and startup on the left.
    This should automaticaly create a new Sub called Application_Startup
    copy the code between (not including) the Sub Fred and the End sub from my code between the Sub Application_Startup() and the End sub in the code window.
    Save the project by clicking on the Save button (this saves to VBAProject.otm, wich is stored in your user profile directory)

Next time you start outlook, another window with your contacts should appear

Hope this helps

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks a lot. However just tried an even more simple solution. Open outlook, then open contacts in new window. Then FILE->CLOSE in main window.
    Then start outlook again and two windows pops up... voila. However haven't tried to boot and do it again... will see that tomorrow.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

What you suggest will work. You can open as many windows as you want with right-click, Open in new window. When you close Outlook, use File, Exit (File, Exit and Logoff in Outlook 2000), all Outlook windows will open. When you restart, all of these windows will open back up. This includes another persons folder that you may have open.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Besides the ideas already mention, I don't think so. But once the additional windows have been opened, as long as the user does File, Exit, the additional windows will be opened.