5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Centering stuff (Word 97)

I want the top of a contract document I am creating to have a commonly-seen layout with, on the left in small text, stacked, "Residential Commercial Industrial". In the center of the document would appear, in some font and color of large size, the company name. On the right-hand side would appear a logo (circle) of the trade association. I have that in a draft document as an inserted picture.
    My question: I have been wrestling with getting all this stuff aligned left, center and right. I cannot "keep things in position" as I would like to. One aspect of that is to have the logo/picture not at the top but aligned with the visual bottom of this general area.
    Can this be done?
    I might as well ask this one, too: how do I get the "telephone number" field to have the nnn-nnn-nnnn automatic formatting? I can't find this through the properties or paragraph formatting stuff. Can that be done?
    Thank you for your suggestions!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Centering stuff (Word 97)

I would create a table with one row, three columns.

Make the left cel left-aligned, the middle cell centered and the third cell right-aligned, and all three cells bottom-aligned (use the Tables and Borders toolbar to set the vertical alignment).

Paste pictures into the cells as inline objects (non-floating), so that they will conform to the text alignment.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can I ask another question? That worked FINE. Thanks. Now I'm running into something else: I have finished the top portion of the contract form with the tables and so on that enable me to have things the way I hoped. So I go ahead and protect the template. Now, I can't get to the free-form description area of the docment! Does this make sense? I need to be able to finish the rest of the document below the tabled information as if it were a free-form doucment. But the protection button on the toolbar prevents me from doing anything but cycling through the Date/name/Address-type areas I have set up as tables! Nothing is ever simple.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Put a continuous section break after the table. When you protect the document for forms (Tools/Protect Document...), you will see sections. Protect only the section that has the table. Then you can type in any other section.
    Cheers,