New Lounger
    Thanks

Chart for a group (Access 2000)

I have a query that displays the Branch, the Month/Year, and the Average measurement for that month.
    I have a pop-up window that allows the users to input a date range so the months they want to see will be displayed in a report.
    On the report, I want to group by Branch number. The detail below the Branch number lists each month with the average for that branch.
    I added a branch footer area so I could insert a bar chart that shows each of the averages plotted over time.
    I would like the user to be able to have a list of averages and a summary chart for each branch.
    It works, but it's intermittent.
    Sometimes, all the charts display the data for one of the branches, sometimes they show different branches, but the wrong ones, sometimes it works.
    I realize that this is probably because LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields is supposed to point to a unique record - not a field that is repeated in the table like my branch id - but it just seems like what I want to do should be possible.
    Can anyone help??

Thanks -
    Chris

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Chart for a group (Access 2000)

There is a known problem with charts in reports if you're running Access 2000 under Windows 2000 or Windows XP: see ACC2000: A Chart on a Report Displays the Incorrect Data. There was also a problem about charts not updating correctly in Access 97, but it's not listed for Acess 2000. Here is the link anyway: ACC97: Graph 97 Chart Object Does Not Update Display Correctly; the workaround suggested there may help in your case.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Chart for a group (Access 2000)

Thank you for the help Hans! I actually searched the Knowledge Base a couple times and didn't find that one.
    Method 2 worked for me.
    Thanks
    Chris