Star Lounger
    Thanks

Rows to Columns (2002/XP)

I have a spreadsheet with multiple rows of data for the same person or ID#. However, every person/ID may not have the same number of Values. Some may have 3 values, others 2 and others 1 or more than 3. I need to have the result reflect one row for each person/ID with each Value in a different corresponding column. I've seen the offset function in Excel Help (although I'm not sure I understand how it works) that looks like it can accomplish this if there is a fixed number of rows for each person/ID, but I can't find a formula or series of formulas to accomplish this with differing rows. Please see the attached example and thank you in advance for your input. Also, if possible I would prefer to accomplish this without using a macro, because I will have to train others on how to do it or do it on different PC's. However, if a macro is the best or only solution, I'll take it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rows to Columns (2002/XP)

Consider a pivot table.

I have applied this approach to your example and attach the file.

Andrew C
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Rows to Columns (2002/XP)

Hi,
    Take a look at <post#=171444>post 171444</post#> and the related threads. They address a similar problem to the one you're trying to solve.
    Cheers
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]