Star Lounger
    Thanks

Custom Fields (2000 )

Is there a way to create a text field (e.g., Text1, Text2) so that it will accept multiple values and the values can be filtered separately, similar to the way that the Resource Names field works?

Thanks

Re: Custom Fields (2000 )

You cant create a text field, only use the ones provided by MS Project. (At least not that I am aware of.)

The text fields can be filtered separately.

What do you mean by accepting multiple values?
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I mis-wrote. I don't mean to create a new one, but to use one that is provided by MS Project, but with multiple values in one cell. I'd like it to be similar to the way that the Resource Names column works, where you can enter more than one resource name in each cell, separated by a column, but can then filter on just one resource name, and get the result of all lines in which that resource name appears. For example, I might enter "Joe,Ted,Connie" in a Resource Name cell, but I could still filter on the name Connie and get that line as a result, even though the cell shows three names. Does that make sense?

Thanks

Ok, you confused me slightly. You mean you are entering multiple resources when assigning the resources to a task on the Gantt Chart. (You can't assign multiple resource names like Joe, Ted, Amy in the resource setup sheet)

What you could do is type the names in the Text 1 field. I.e., In Text 1 input Joe, Ted, Connie. Then create a filter that requests for input. For one value, in the filter set the following conditions:

Field Name = Text 1
    Test = Contains
    Values = "Input Name"?

When you run the Filter, you could input Ted and get all values where Text 1 contains Ted. For additional values, input additional parameters using the OR logical operator.

HTH
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)