Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook messages vaporize (2000/2002)

"WE" know you only move messages to a folder but twice now my users have either dragged messages or selected them and elected to "move to folder" with the destination being Outlook Today - Mailbox. The messages just vaporized!! No warning message that this was a No-No....the messages just disappeared! I checked Deleted Items and looked at the server deleted items.....nowhere to be found. Any comments or suggestions??
    Thanks.
    Judith

Thanks

Re: Outlook messages vaporize (2000/2002)

Filters, at a guess.
    See Post 177861 for a typical example of 'disappearing' mail.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I duplicated your problem, then I did an advanced find based on the content of the message starting at the top of the mailbox. From the results window of the advanced find, I was then able to move the "evaporated" messages to another folder. According to the find window the message is in folder "Top of information store".

Lounger
    Thanks

Darryl, you are a GENIUS!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I will have the user search the "sent to" field for his own email name in Advanced Find. (He moved his entire Inbox.) Judith

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Today isn't intended to store any items. It "hosts" a web page with controls that access other folders. Lots of people make the mistake of moving data into that folder and MS ought to prohibit that (yeh, right). Anyway, you can temporarily turn off the web page in order to see the folder contents and move them elsewhere. Right click on the Outlook Today folder. Choose Properties. Go to the Home Page tab and take the check out of the "Show home page" checkbox. When you're done, just put the check back.

Lounger
    Thanks

Old Dog, you are brilliant! You saved the day. Now we don't have to retrieve the backup mailbox for the user who moved EVERYTHING into Outlook Today. Thank you so VERY MUCH!!!
    Judith