Lounger
    Thanks

Move subform to a record (2000)

When I click on a record on a subform I want another subform to move to the same record. I'm having a problem determining the technique required to accomplish this. Any tips?

Thanks,

Howard

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Move subform to a record (2000)

What do you mean by "the same record"?

If the subforms have the same record source, so that their records are actually the same, there seems to be little point in having two subforms.

If you mean that they have a field in common on which you want to "match" the subforms, you might use the technique described in ACC2000: Using Code to Dynamically Synchronize Two Forms. Since you're working with subforms instead of standalone forms, you'll need to modify the way the form is referred to. Microsoft's example uses

Set frm = Forms(formname)

where formname is a string variable holding the name of the form to be synchronized. Replace this by

Set frm = Forms(formname).Controls(subformcontrol).Form

where formname now must hold the parent form name, and subformcontrol the name of the second subform control (this is not necessarily the same as the name of the subform in the database window).

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Hans. The subforms are on separate tabs. One subform is used to search and the other is used for entry. I want to click on a found record on the search form and have the entry form 'move' to that record.

Howard

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The method (plus link) in my previous reply should do what you want, although I admit I haven't actually tested it for subforms. By the way, the OnCurrent event handler should be applied to the search subform.