Lounger
    Thanks

Animation Using Action Settings - Mouse Over (PowerPoint 2002)

Guys

Currently I have a Powerpoint presentation that has a gif image with a text box displaying a number on top of the gif image.

What I would like is that when the slideshow is run, and the user moves their mouse pointer over the image, the text box then Zooms In or Fades in on top of the image. I have tried to write a macro and then assign that macro to the Mouse Over Action setting on the image but have had no joy.

Does anyone have any ideas ???

Thanks

Jeff

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Animation Using Action Settings - Mouse Over (PowerPoint 2002)

In theory you should be able to do what you are proposing, but it's not something I've worked with at all in PowerPoint. Hopefully someone with experience in this area will see your question and comment. If not, I'll try to rustle up one of the experts.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The attached presentation gives the effect you describe by using two slides.

Slide 1 has the background picture and a MouseOver event that hyperlinks to the next slide
    Slide 2 has the same background picture and a Number that Zooms in automatically.

StuartR
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks

Stuart

Thanks for this - the problem I have is that the initial slide has 5 images on it each with their own text box. The effect that the user should see is that when the slide show runs, the user should be able to rest their mouse pointer on anyone of the images in turn and for each text box on each to fade in. This is why I was looking down the VBA route.

Lounger
    Thanks

Wendell

You are a star sir...many thanks

As I have posted in my reply to Stuart's answer, the situation is that the slide has 5 images each with their own text box associated to it. When the slideshow runs, the user should be able to rest their mouse over each image in turn and for the associated text box to fade in.

I know it can be done using VBA but unfortunately do not know enough VBA to write the code accurately.....any assistance from any VBA gurus or PPT experts !! would be greatfully appreciated

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Here is another attempt for you. I can't see how to do a zoom or a fade, so I simply change the Font size from 1pt to 128 pt.
    Click the reset button in the bottom right corner to set them back to 1pt again (you could change this to a white box on a white background to stop it showing).

I gave each of the text frames a memorable name from the immediate window, using the syntax
    Application.ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes(2).Name = "DogText"
    This should help to prevent zooming the wrong text.

I thought I would be able to get a Zoom effect by increasing the point size in steps from 1 to 128, but it all appeared at once and I couldn't work out how to get a screen refresh in between!

StuartR
    Attached Files Attached Files