4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Excel charts to Powerpt (Office xp)

I have an excel workbook that has 21 worksheets. There is one chart or table on each of these sheets. These charts/tables represent data from 3 different stores. The first 7 are for the uptown store, the 2nd 7 are for the midtown store and the last 7 are for the downtown store.

I have 3 powerpoint files, one for each store, that have their respective 7 charts from excel linked to them. This works fine for now but i'm going to have to add 15 new stores with 7 slides each. I don't want to have to make 15 more ppt files and link the proper worksheets to them. I'd rather have one ppt file that somehow links the proper worksheets/charts to it with code. I'd like to make an interface in excel to choose the name of the store and then have it build the report (7 slide ppt file) automatically.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel charts to Powerpt (Office xp)

What do you need help with? starting powerpoint from excel, accessing excel charts, the powerpoint object model, or the linking? -- Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

This thread should answer most of your questions. --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for the offer. Here is an example attached.

I'd like to write code in excel to control the test.ppt report. Right now test.ppt is linked to the column that will have New York's data "F". I want to write code in Excel so the user can choose New York or Chicago or San Francisco and the source of these links will change to COL F, G or H accordingly.

I will have 20 more slides but i am unclear on how to "activate" or "select" the table objects on each slide and get to the "source" so I can change the column letter. I hope you can help me. thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files