2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook (Outlook 97)

I am using MS Office 97 Professional Version SR-2 on Windows 98 SE and have no intention of upgrading to latest version. Everything is working well--except that I can not install Outlook 97 from the MS Office CD. The error message is: can't find the file outllib.dll necessary to export MAPI32dll:36. I have Outlook 98 setup on a floppy, but it needs to connect to an MS server that is obselete. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    LibbieL

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook (Outlook 97)

So far as I could see, the file should be on the disk. If it offers you the otion to Browse, it may be worth having first done a 'find' on any of your CD, C: or A: areas first.

The following Microsoft knowledgebase article appears relevant but not quite the same - perhaps there is a clue there.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;174843

Failing that, I'm a great believer in uninstall / reinstall processes when all else looks too hard.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook (Outlook 97)

I did find the file on the MS Office CD and copied it but am not sure what to do with it since the installation process didn't find it.
    I will check out the article. Probably beating a dead horse here since I use Netscape for mail, but Outlook has some nice stationery and some image add-ons .
    thanks for your help.
    LibbieL