5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE Hangs (IE 6.0 WIN XP PRO)

When I open Internet Explorer and start to surf, after a few sites, IE just hangs. Will not go any further. For example, I went to BEST BUY and wanted to check what I had in My Cart. I clicked on MY CART and it will not open it. I went to Office MAX and was checking on a product - wanted to go to the description and it would not go. Even Woody's Lounge is affected - just before I got this far, I clicked on the IE Forum and it just simply would not go any further. I closed IE and reopened and i got here. But I try that with BEST BUY and it does not work. Usually, closing IE and reopening it will let me get to where I want to go. But a few sites just simply hang. I can open Netscape 6.2 and get anywhere I want - including the problem sites. What can the problem be.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE Hangs (IE 6.0 WIN XP PRO)

Have you tried deleting all the tempory internet files & history. You can also boot to DOS (well, I have Win98SE, so I could be way off) & delete index.dat. It will be rebuilt. The other thing you can try if that doesn't work is to use the Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs/IE & when you click add/remove, you'll get a repair option.

Hope this helps.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: IE Hangs (IE 6.0 WIN XP PRO)

With Windows XP, all one needs to do is log out the the current account and go into their other account with admin permissions and delete the index file from the first account. This is one of the MANY reasons to have more than one account on ANY XP machine.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.