2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Stoping Mail Receipt (OE6)

Old question. Sometimes an email will come through that downloads 'forever'; I don't want it; don't want to read it; and would like to just stop the downloading and pass over the message, never to be downloaded again.

How do I do that?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Stoping Mail Receipt (OE6)

Depending on you email provider, if you can access the email account from a web page, you can delete it from there and not have to download it.

Many email providers, provide a means to to this. I know that ATTBI, NetZero and others do.

Also, you can call your provider, and they MAY be able to help.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dave--
    With OE--can't Ladimer go to Tools>Message Rules>Blocked Senders Tab and list in that box whatever email address he doesn't want to send provided some spamming conundrum isn't being used?--I ask because I'm just learning my way around the menus and tabs and features of OE and Outlook.

Thanks,

defrag

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Defrag,
    This may be true, but the question is to remove ONE message not ALL.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My desire is to STOP the downloading and discard a single message. Some family members, with new digital cameras, will string together a dozen or so pictures and ship them out. I cannot know how big or important the message is just from the title or sender. And there are 'bad-guys' out there that will send out a very large file which I'm stuck with sitting through the download.

Thanks

I believe Outlook XP has a way to avoid downloading large messages, but I don't know whether MS added this to Outlook Express 6.

OE does support IMAP. If your ISP lets you connect to your account using IMAP, you can use that to scan the messages and delete (or archive to a folder on the server) the ones you don't want to download.

There also are some "POP spy" programs that let you scan the server from outside your mail client. One that I tried but don't use is Easy Notification. As illustrated below, it scans your mailbox and lets you delete message you don't want before downloading with your POP mail client. Other programs were mentioned in the Lounge, but I'm not sure what I did with their names...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I see that you have a earthlink email address listed in your profe, is this the address that you want to stop the down load in?
    If so you can read or delete your email at http://webmail.pas.earthlink.net/ with out downloading it it.