Tony Wiseman

Some Wizards Won't

I have Access installed on a clean install of Win2K in a dual boot system with ME.
    The new database wizards work but those in table and form design do not.
    I have checked that the wizard files are in the right place and tried a Repair of the Office installation. The table listings of the wizard file indicates that they are present but when clicked on the fail to respond - no error message nothing at all.
    Any ideas please?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Some Wizards Won't

Do you have Access installed in one common directory for both op system boots or just for Win 2K?

Tony Wiseman

Andy
    It is a seperate installation on a seperate drive but the ME drive can be seen from the Win2k system so I have never been completely sure if the installation of Office is completely independant. But I do know that the wizard files are presnt on the Win2K drive so assume that the whole application is present.
    I have just checked that the access application on the ME side behaves the same way as the one on Win2k.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tony
    Sorry - I have no further thoughts as to what is going wrong.

deaconwc

This problem is covered in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article ID: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q242/2/18.ASP>Q242218</A>
    Wayne

Edited to intsert link--Charlotte

Tony Wiseman

Wayne
    Thanks - You prompted me to go back to it. The third section on re-installing Small Business Tools didn't quite match what happens on Win2K and I had done a repair instead. My second attempt today failed and so I removed and re-installed the whole disc2 installation with 'all from my computer' ticked in the customised installation.
    It took a while but is functioning now.
    Thanks for taking the time to coach a newcomer.
    Tony

deaconwc

Tony,
    You are welcome. The reason I knew about this article was that I had the same problem. Mine was because I am still running Win95 and somehow had never run the Desktop Update. I had to uninstall IE 5, install IE 4 with the Desktop Update, run Win2000 setup to repair the start menu shortcuts and reinstall IE 5! What a project, but it worked!
    As a newcomer myself it feels good to have been able to help someone else!
    Thanks to Charlotte for editing my post to include the link. I'll try to remember to include a link in the future.
    Wayne