Star Lounger
    Thanks

AddressLayout Problem (XP)

My client is trying to edit the address layout that is pulled into the Envelopes and Labels dialog box when using the Insert Address button. The issue is a known bug, addressed here:
    WD2002: Insert Address Button Does Not Use AddressLayout AutoText Entry
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;292127

My question: when I installed SP-2 on my system, the AddressLayout autotext option began to work correctly. I decided it was an undocumented fix in the service pack. However, when they updated their version of Word, the problem still existed. The only differences I could determine might make a difference is that I'm using Outlook and they are using Groupwise for their address book. Has anyone run into this? Know of a fix? Have any advice? Could point me to help in grabbing the right fields using VBA (via MAPI?)? We're using a work-around, similar to that described in the KB article, but a more functional solution is needed. Many thanks!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AddressLayout Problem (XP)

Well, I didn't exactly find a solution, but one of the users got a lead on a method we could use (from a message here), and this is what I've come up with so far. They're going to try it out tomorrow. The code opens the InsertAddress dialog, allowing the user to choose a name from the address book, and then it puts the address--in the right format--into the EnvelopeAndLabels dialog, ready to print. Really simple, and I'm hoping it works for them. I still don't know why SP-2 fixed the bug for me, but not for them, unless it was something that only affected the Outlook address book (they're using Groupwise). Very strange.

--Karyl

<pre>Sub GetEnvelopeAddress()
    Dim strNameAddr As String

'Get the address (using the AutoText layout for "AddressLayout")
    strNameAddr = Application.GetAddress()

'Open the Envelope dialog with this address entered
    With Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels)
    .AddrText = strNameAddr
    .Show
    End With

End Sub
    </pre>