2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Can't Unlock My PST Files!! (2002 sr1)

HELP!!
    My colleague's pc crashed and now he can't open his pst file, which happens to have a week's critical emails in it since last backed up!
    Anyone know how to unlock a pst that outlook insists is in use, even after I renamed it and copied it using the linux/samba server software???
    This is serious mum.
    Thanks in anticipation

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't Unlock My PST Files!! (2002 sr1)

I'm assuming you already tried importing the PST into Outlook - if not, its worth a try.

I just had a play and imported the outlook PST into Outlook Express while Outlook was running (presumably with my version of the PST open).
    Thus, I assume at worst you could import into Outlook Express and then export again for Outlook to import.

The latest version of Woody's Office newsletter talked about draconian things to do to PST's - don't know if any of that is relevant.

2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Fixed-Re: Can't Unlock My PST Files!! (2002 sr1)

No - I hadn't tried importing the pst file, I admit the concept never occured to me - I though import meant import from external source.
    Anyway - I turned on a 3rd pc to try importing, but first tried opening the pst again (for the 5th time at least) and it worked! :-)

So I'll try to remember the import trick next time and hope I never need it.
    Thanks Andrew.