Lounger
    Thanks

Access 97 with Office 2k SBE

I've recently bought a Dell notebook with Office 2k SBE. No Access so installed Access 97.
    Errors in module 'Compile error can't find project or library. uninstalled Office 2k, Oinstalled all Office 97 still no joy. Removed both. Ran Norton and edited manually the Registry errors it highlighted but couldn't fix.
    Read MS KB file about order of installation. The KB article said go to tools References. This is greyed out, so can't make connections to relevant library.
    Anyone any ideas please?
    Mike Trotter

TxAggie2000

Re: Access 97 with Office 2k SBE

What do you want - Access 97 or 2000?

When I wanted Access 97 but the rest Office apps in 2000, I had the same problem. I UNinstalled all of Office 2000. I installed ONLY Access 97 through the custom installation method. Then installed the rest of the office products in Access 2000. Then, go to the following KB site at Microsoft:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q191/2/24.ASP

and download the executable file called AcLicn97.exe

When you have finished downloading AcLicn97.exe, follow these steps to run the tool:

1) Double-click AcLicn97.exe to extract the following files

AcLicens.exe The tool
    Readme.txt The Readme file with install instructions

2) Type the name of a folder to extract the file into.

3) Use Windows Explorer to open the folder that you specified in the previous step.

4) Double-click AcLicens.exe

BUT --- if you want Access 2000, let me know that and I'll give you something else.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 97 with Office 2k SBE

Thank you for your reply and the time and effort you kindly spent in describing hoow to downlooad the License file. Unfortunately it didn't do the trick. I've tried all sorts including the undeleting of Office 2k and 97 (Where's the add /remove software gone from the control panel in 98 SE?)
    I shall now try reluctantly with Access 2000.
    Thanks again for your efforts.
    Mike