4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Winamp Plays after Exit and End Task (XP Pro SP1)

After downloading WMP9 RC (this didn't happen with the previous Beta), when using Winamp, with WMP not open, Winamp works well, but the music won't stop when I 1) exit winamp with the "X" conventionally, or even when I go to Applications Tab on Task Manager, and end it there--it disappears from the menu but the music still plays (I don't think this is a Sinatra or Tony Bennet title). I have never seen an application keep running (maybe there are some in the background that don't appear as processes or applications on task manager) but not after you ended it's entry on Task Manager.

Did not see this behavior with previous Beta WMP9 or other versions of WMP 9. Want to stress that WMP is not open, only Winamp but behavior started when the RC was installed.

Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

defrag

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Winamp Plays after Exit and End Task (XP Pro SP1)

Because "Release Candidate" is not the final product, all kinds of bugs are possible...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Winamp Plays after Exit and End Task (XP Pro SP1)

I understand that caveat. But WMP9 say compared to an early Office Beta or an early OS beta is a pretty easy set of bugs to handle or has been for me. I am occassionally getting this annoyance that unexpected and rare popup music can fight with it's music on the same player I guess and cauze a buzz, and I have to close the player and restart but that takes a second.
    I can stop nearly but not all popups no matter which great popup killer I try and I've tried a bunch.

But once you make the trade off that you think you can handle the bugs with a given application, they are a great way to learn. In the case of WMP9's Beta or RC--I noticed that the video streaming was definitely better--no longer am I getting any breakups as I was in WMP 8 at times, and it supports variable bit audio. One feature I like that improves the sound for is of all places available from the Views pull-down called "Enhancements>Cross Fading and Voume Levelling" which will let me tweak different music depending on the way they mixed it and their amount of bass. Also Microsoft's Window Media group claims Windows Media 9 Series Demos that:
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Windows Media Audio 9 Series
    Enjoy sound quality that