4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Location 'Formatting Toolbar'/Menu OE (OE6SP1)

In reading OE Help to get a better OE grip, under formatting a paragraph, it refers to:

__________________________________________________ _________________________
    "Use either the formatting toolbar or the commands on the Format menu to change the text. "

"Click the place where you want the line to appear, and then click the Insert Horizontal line button on the formatting toolbar.
    Format text written in Rich Text (HTML) mode On the Format menu, point to Style, and then choose an option. "
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    I can't figure out where these are; or the difference between the two. I know they aren't on Tools/Options. I don't see them as a selection in the Edit or View menus. Can someone show me where each of these are?

Thanks,

defrag

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Location 'Formatting Toolbar'/Menu OE (OE6SP1)

Do you have a NEW email open, when you are looking for these items?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

First click CREATE MAIL, the menu appears at between the subject line & the body of your message.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dave and Bernie--
    I was reading newsgroup posts when I looked for it. I'll go look for it in email format. But I would think it would apply whether you are posting to a newsgroup or sending to email. I know Tom Koch has pointed up problems with formatting paragraphs in OE and written some VB or other programs to fix this he and his friends offer at Inside OE/Tomsterdam.
    I'll go back and look with a mail message open/closed in the email format; now I see from Bernie's post that I need to click create mail. Looked everywhere for it and now I understand that when you get the formatting tool bar, you'll have the menu. Will go look.

Thanks much,

defrag

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes--it sure does. I should have realized. It's the basic part of the toolbar that formats email or Problem with the Help sometimes and even books is that they don't always label what they name. And when that happens I get my best help by googling newsgroups or for sites that have a lot of screen shots with their terms.

I have up the Create Mail box with its formatting bar, and the return mail box from the newsgreader, and when I tried to add a formatting bar to the newsreader, I couldn't.
    So then I changed my newreader sending to HTML which I wouldn't use because they want everyone posting and answering in plain text to see if I could add a formatting toolbar, and apparently you can't because when you go to Views>Toolbars>Formatting remains ghosted out in newsreader mail to reply to the group or send individually.

There must not be a way to use the formatiing toolbar in newsreader mode.

defrag

Super Moderator
    Thanks

It will stay grayed out, because you are in the heading of the message, which can NOT use HTML.
    NOW, click in the message area and the formatting toolbar will appear.
    This has been the same for email and news groups since day one when MS came out with HTML in Outlook Express and Outlook.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.