New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't find imported Contacts (2002)

I just imported my Outlook 97 Personal Address Book into my Outlook 2002 Contacts using the supplied Import/Export feature under the File menu. It worked successfully and I can see all the new contacts under the Contacts folder but when I try to compose an email message and type in a name from the contacts list it doesn't know about any of the new contacts. The Select Names window shows that it is looking in the Contacts list but the names it shows do not include the newly imported ones. As I stated, simply clicking on the Contacts folder in Outlook shows all the newly imported contacts.
    I tried closing Outlook and restarting it but that had no effect on the problem. Anyone know what is wrong?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't find imported Contacts (2002)

Outlook has several address books that it may look up. Prior to your import it will have defined a default one.

Go to Tools > Address Books
    on the top RHS is a box "Show names from"
    Click on the dropdown and select a different one - you'll know when you get the right one because the maine pane will fill in.

Also while in this window select Tools > Options and check out consistancy.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't find imported Contacts (2002)

Hi,
    Right click on the contacts folder and select Properties. Select the Outlook Address Book tab and ensure that there is a tick in the "show this folder in the e-mail Address Book" option.

Cheers

Beck