New Lounger
    Thanks

Off line printing

I use a laptop, docked to the network during the day undocked at night. In W98 I could print to network printers while off the network. THe print file would be saved by the printer and when I docked again a prompt would as me if I wanted to print the saved print jobs. In XP Pro the only printer this feature seems to work with is my local printer on my desktop. This printer is not on the network. It lacks the features and speed of the network printers, so I'd sure like to figure out how to get XP to run like W98 runs in this regard. Has anyone figured out how to print off line and have the print job start up when reconnected to the network?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Off line printing

Is "Hold mismatched documents" under Advanced tab on your network printer properties checked?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Off line printing

Yes, I did check that box in response to your message. However it did not fix the situation. When offline I still get an error message, or it holds the document but does not prompt me to print when I log on. When it does hold the document in the printer as a pending document, I can't get it to print it when I am back on line. In W98 I could set all printers to use off line, I can only set local printers that way in XP. In W98 I could set to use off line. When I returned on line a prompt would appear asking if I wanted to print the saved documents. Nothing like that has happened with XP, except that the local printer documents print automatically when I log on the network. If you have any suggestions I'd really appreciate a further response. Thanks.