New Lounger
    Thanks

My XP missing Search (Windows XP Home)

Hello,
    My first time posting here. I often read posts and find the answers most helpful.
    Ever since I upgraded to XP a few months ago, when I click on Start, Search, I keep getting this warning that a file is missing to run the search companion...you may have to run setup. Well, help, I am not a total novice, but how to I get this missing file so I can run search. Probably easy, but when you have tried and don't know the right steps..it frustrates. So far I haven't had any troubles with my upgrade, I am just now getting time to address this problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: My XP missing Search (Windows XP Home)

Nancy, See this MSKB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...KB;en-us;319949.

hth,
    Joe
    Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: My XP missing Search (Windows XP Home)

Hi Nancy--
    Joe seems to have nailed a KB and download that will fix you just fine. If not, also see
    Kelly Theriot's terrific XP site with a lot of education, fixes, and links to MS sites and KB's for problems. Well organized and she improves on it often.

Search Error for Windows XP

Troubleshooting Side Issues

<A target="_blank" HREF="http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm">Troubleshooting Windows XP: Kelly's XP Korner
    </A>

Kelly Theriot

Good luck,

defrag