New Lounger
    Thanks

HTML to Outlook (checkbox approve/disapprove) (Outlook 98)

We have a form on our Internet that an outside user fills out when they want to register for our web service. This triggers an email to our help desk account. We are now adding a feature that will allow our outside users to "update" infor via this web service. In doing so, we want our field/remote office to grant approval or disapproval of this add'l access. Therefore, when an outside user has filled out the form, they select the appropriate field office from the drop down list and click submit. This sends the email to the field office mailbox. From here, we were looking for a way to provide a check box within the email where all the field offices had to do was check approve or disapprove. Once they do this, then it would send it on
    to our help desk for processing. Currently all of our users are still at Outlook 98.

We haven't come up with a way to do this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: HTML to Outlook (checkbox approve/disapprove) (Outlook 98)

Well, I don't know... there is a way in Outlook (2000) to create a custom form that is used for incoming and outgoing mail. Such a form could contain custom forms and controls. Whether this would be the best solution, I don't know. Whether you need Exchange, I don't know.

I do know that using a custom form for incoming mail can interfere with other functionality (see, e.g., thread starting with post #113473).

I trust you will get other, presumably better, suggestions. There seem to be some accumulating in this other thread on the HTML board.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HTML to Outlook (checkbox approve/disapprove) (Outlook 98)

I think this is a tough one for Outlook out of the box. If you're using Exchange as your mail server you might take a look at http://teamscope.com/products.htm for their extensions and workflow products. If you're not on Exchange I think your approach is high-risk, and the approach discussed in the HTML thread is the best bet. (For folks who haven't gone there, it talks about a web front end to a database with server-generated email notification.) Good luck!