DaveShmave

Access 2000 Conversion Error

I'm in the middle of converting a few databases from Access 97 to 2K. Two if the three converted flawlessly, however, when I try and open the third (after converting) I get the following error message:

"Cannot find the file 'CatabaseDatabase3.mdb'(or one of it's components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available."

I have checked and all of the appropriate libraries are checked under References.

Like I said, two other Access 97 databases open just fine (without any error message).

I even went back to the original Access 97 file, made sure the code was compiled and the database fully compacted. All appears well.

By the way, this is occurring on a Windows 2000 computer if you think that makes any difference.

Any ideas?

TIA

Dave

DaveShmave

Re: Access 2000 Conversion Error

Hi,

I figured out what the problem was in case you experience the same thing. It apparently was caused by what I had in the Target section of the desktop shortcut.

It appears Windows 2000 forces you (not that it's a big deal) to first specify MS Access from-- ("C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficemsaccess.exe" "CatabaseFolderDatabaseFile.mdb") rather than simply "CatabaseFolderDatabaseFile.mdb"

Anyhow, situation resolved.

Dave