1. Lounger
    Thanks

Page Numbering in a Workbook (2002)

I have read the postings on- consecutive page numbers for multiple worksheets (2000) Post: 138938. I am still having trouble (and perhaps it is not possible) getting consecutive page numbers to print when I print multiple worksheets.

I have selected the sheets manually and get 1 of 21, 2 of 21, 3 of 21 and then back to 1 of 21 for the next worksheet when I print.

Any suggestions??? Thanks!

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Page Numbering in a Workbook (2002)

Kathy, are you selecting (Control-Clicking the Tab is easiest) all the sheets to be printed and then printing them all in one run?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7ąDS

4. Lounger
    Thanks

Hi ,

Yes I am. It starts out great 1 of 21, 2 of 21, 3 of 21 and then back to 1 of 21...

5. Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Kathy, don't have 2002, so this may not work, but try this:
    1) Select the tab of the first sheet, then control-click to select the rest of the sheets
    2) File | Page Setup | Header/Footer | Custom Header (or Footer)
    3) Click in the section where you want the page number and then press the page number button ( the one with the #) and press OK
    4) Click on the Page tab and set First page number to auto.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

6. 2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, something that is kind of klunky but works for me is to use Views and Report Manager. You can store your print areas in Views, then create print reports in Report Manager to print them. Report Manager allows you to select consecutive page numbers.

If you're not familiar with this approach, click on your View menu. You should see the command Custom Views. If you don't see Report Manager you will have to enable it in Tools Add-ins.

What you do is create a print area, adjust your settings in the Page Setup dialog, then store it as a View. You can store multiple print areas from the same worksheet as different Views, if you wish, or just store one print area per worksheet. (When you name the Views it's a good idea to use the sheet name as part or all of the View name.)

Then, after you've created the Views, open Report Manager and add the Views to your print report. (You can also add Scenarios to a print report if you have any.) Once you've created the print report you want, you then use Report Manager to print rather than the File menu.

As I said, it's kind of awkward, but it works.

HTH,

7. Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the fix, it worked great!