3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Copy files with complex path.

Using Windows Explorer, how can I copy several files, including their entire path, to a zip disk? I have several files that are important to me. These files are in several different folders. All these filenames begin with MSVC, and end with DLL. For instance, I have a file,

<center> <span style="background-color: #FFFF00; color: #000000; font-weight: bold">MSVCP60.DLL</span hi> </center>

that is in a path

<span style="background-color: #FFFF00; color: #000000; font-weight: bold"> <center>C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Folders</center> </span hi>

The entire path reads

<span style="background-color: #FFFF00; color: #000000; font-weight: bold"> <center>C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Folders MSVCP60.DLL </center> </span hi>

I want to copy the DLL file, including the path, so that if I have to restore it, it will go to the correct path.
    I
    Bob Wall

Thanks

Re: Copy files with complex path.

I suspect you will need a backup program to do that - copying a file simply copies it - it does not store any information about it's previous address.
    Otherwise, check out Winzip or PowerDesk which should let your specify a restore path.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy files with complex path.

Hi Bob:
    Haven't checked in awhile, but FileGrab is a great free utility that can do exactly what you want. It can also sort names, copy & paste names, & print. I got it at http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stori...,,000OEA,.html
    Hope this helps.