2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Opening Multiple Reports Causes Crash (Access 2k sr1)

Have an Access 2k front-end with 97 back-end. When I open multiple reports based on same record source, Access gives an "Application Error": instruction xxx referenced memory ..., when click ok, Access crashes.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opening Multiple Reports Causes Crash (Access 2k sr1)

You didn't indicate what operating system you're using or the exact message you're getting or whether you're networked or not, so any answers you get will be pure guesswork.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry. Windows 2000, and we are all networked to a LAN and an NT 4.0 Server. The exact error message is: (title) MSAccess.exe - Application Error (text) The instruction at "0x77fc9906" referenced memory at "0xcef01e85". The memory could not be "written". Click on "OK" to terminate the program.(end text)

The funny thing is that I upgraded every computer in this office from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 and from office 97 to office 2000. Everyone is using the same database with the same backend. I'm only having this trouble with one computer.

One other question - Access claims that it writes an error log when this error occurs. Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks,

taibe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It isn't Access that's writing the error log, it's Windows. I don't know how you're set up, but on my Win2k machine, the log is here:

Cocuments and SettingsAll UsersDocumentsDrWatson

How many reports are you opening at once and how are you doing it? It sounds like you might have a problem with the way your paging is set up on that machine, but tracking this down from a drwatson log file is a frustrating problem.
    Charlotte