New Lounger
    Thanks

Formating Completed Tasks (Project 2000)

Is there a way I can set up a project so that when a task is completed the font and the bar will turn green automatically?

Thanks

Re: Formating Completed Tasks (Project 2000)

Hmm, don't know about the Font, however yes you can create a new bar style. Look under the Format menu and you'll find Bar Styles (there has to be a good joke there - I've just never been able to figure one out).
    However - Project has a number of ways of showing you that the task is complete or the amount of work left to do. Those aren't working for you?

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks

Re: Formating Completed Tasks (Project 2000)

One way of doing this is to write a Macro to check the percent complete. If the percent complete is 100% then set the field named Marked as yes. You can then have the autoformatting set the tasks a specific color when marked is yes.

There are some other posts that will help you write the macro / code that will go through the tasks and check for something and change the font color.

HTH - Respond back if you can't get it to work and I will try to help with the code when I get a chance.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)