Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Paint (98SE)

Something I've wanted to do for a long time, if at all possible, is to convert a 16 color image to a monochrome (black & white) image in Windows paint. Now, Paint presents a pallette of 2 x 14 colors for a 16 color image. Similarly, it presents a 2 x 14 "palette" of black & white patterns for a monochrome image.

My question is this: Is it possible to convert a 16 color image to monochrome in such a way that the color palette is "mapped" onto the palette of b/w patterns? If I try to convert simply by changing image attributes, the only b/w colors are solid white and black. I have also tried playing with gray scales, but I think this is irrelevant.

Ideas appreciated.

Alan

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Paint (98SE)

Unfortunately, it is impossible to convert color image to grayscale mode with Windows Paint. Use another image editor.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Paint (98SE)

I probably didn't make the grayscale comment very clear, and it was only "by the way" anyhow. I had actually used another editor to convert 16 color to greyscale first, then tried to fiddle the result to the "pattern" monochrome in Paint. This was unsuccessful. Forgetting about grayscale altogether, I want to convert (entirely using Paint) a 16 color image to a "patterned" b/w image, possibly by "mapping" the color palette to the monochrome "palette".

Alan