Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook crashes after 30 seconds (2000)

Every time I start Outlook, it crashes after 20-30 seconds. I'm able to do one or two operations, then I get a standard Dr. Watson "Outlook has generated errors" message. The Dr. Watson log refers to an address exception.

I've reinstalled Outlook, uninstalled all of Office and reinstalled it, started up with a new PST file, scanned my existing PST file, and pulled out a lot of hair.

I had similar problem with Word (lost all its menus on startup), and the key was to run the command word.exe /a, in which the /a switch forced Word to rebuild a few files. If that hadn't worked, the next step would have had to have been (nice verb, huh?) deleting several registry keys, which I was glad not to have to do.

I couldn't find any reference to similar startup switches for Outlook.exe, but to take a wild stab, I just ran Outlook.exe /a also, and now it doesn't crash for whole minutes at a time (!).

Does anybody have references to other startup switches that might wipe the slate clean, so to speak, or are there registry keys that I can delete to force a really clean restart beyond just reinstalling?

thanks for any ideas.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook crashes after 30 seconds (2000)

Have you performed an Office repair? In the Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Office, then you have a choice presented to repair or completely reinstall Office.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook crashes after 30 seconds (2000)

Yes, I've done repair, reinstall, uninstall and reinstall....