Star Lounger

Form and Subform Design Help Needed (Access 2000 SP1 and Windows XP Pro)

Using Access 2000, I have created several tables and established relationship between them and now I am ready to design my form for inputting data. I am having problems translating my tables into the workable form design that I desire. I will to provide only the pertinent information that relates to my difficulties in this.
    My main table is Sermons that lists various Sermon Titles and other related fields. It is linked one-to-many via a Sermon_ID field that connects it to another table called Sermons Preached showing dates and places where these titles were preached over the years.
    In the Sermons Preached Table there is a PreachedLocation_ID filed that is linked to a table that lists various locations. That field shows a number but the data input for that field comes from a bound combobox that shows me the various places where I can select without typing. Also, the DatePreached field in the Sermons Preached table comes from the ActiveX DateTimePicker control so I don

Gold Lounger
    Crystal Beach, FL, Florida, USA

Re: Form and Subform Design Help Needed (Access 2000 SP1 and Windows XP Pr

Using a datasheet view is limiting, I'd use a Continuous Form instead. You can make it look like a datasheet (that is, rows and columns). Selecting a combo box for the PreachedLocation_ID field and dragging it to the form will immediately start the Combo Box wizard. This will guide you thru the creation of the combobox in which the Location Name is displayed and the actual ID is hidden.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.