New Lounger
    Thanks

Bulleted Lists (Word 2000)

Working on a resume I was using the default square bullets for highlighting some items of importance. Afterward while reviewing, I decided to make 2 columns which viewed better. Problem: I made the columns and highlighted them, chose square bullet list and the 1st row is fine, the row opposite that is not bulleted, I went into "insert" on tool bar and chose a bullet that was round thinking I could change it with the bullet list on the toolbar after the fact-- WRONG! Word will not allow me to just use the square from the normal bullet list. How can I manipulate this to do as I want?

Frustrated!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bulleted Lists (Word 2000)

Hi Goldie:
    I assume that when you made two columns, you either created a 2 column table or used Format/Columns or the toolbar button to make 2 columns. This should mean that your second column is not in the same paragraph as the first column (which is good).

All you have to do is select the paragraph in the first row & press Alt+Ctrl+C (this copies the formatting). Then select all the rows that you wish to have a square bullet & press Alt+Ctrl+V. This copies the formatting to these paragraphs.

In the future, you would be better off using a style that contains the type of bullet that you wish to use.

Hope this helps,

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your response & no I didn't make the columns first, what I did was type it out first then edited. I really made a huge mistake in doing that because there is no way I can fix this. I decided to go w/ 1 column, at least I have all the same bullets now. I'm sure it will be alright.

Thanx again.
    Goldie

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Goldie
    If I understand this problem right - you have typed in a document, then formatted it as 2 columns, then you want to add square bulletts. See the attached doc, I have done just that and it has worked fine. Perhaps I am over simplifying the problem!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Goldie:
    I'm not sure what you did to create two columns. Did you just use the tab key? If so, all is not lost. We can do a Find/Replace & still create two columns. If you tell me what steps you took, or posted your document (or a portion of it), it still might be salvageable. On the other hand, I may have misunderstood what you did & I see Mike has posted a solution for you.
    Cheers,

New Lounger
    Thanks

Phil,
    What I did was typed up the resume, then decided to turn a list of subjects taken (in class) into two lists for a roomier resume. I've attached the part I'm speaking of. I had to turn it in tonight at class and took that 2 column list out and just used one. I will attach the partial resume so you can see what I'm trying to accomplish.

Goldie