3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Export User-Defined Field??? (Outlook XP SP2)

Hi

In our Contacts folder, we created a User-Defined Field called 'Salutation', which we wanted to use in a Mail Merge.

We tried to use both WordPerfect 9 (and 10) and Word XP to Import data from a Contacts folder, but that didn't work.
    We then tried to Export the Contacts folder to an Excel File, which worked, but Outlook doesn't export User-Defined Fields (it's not even visible in the Mapping Section).

Is this a bug in Outlook, or is this simply not programmed by MS to work in this way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is *very* frustrating.

Does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks heaps in advance for any help. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Export User-Defined Field??? (Outlook XP SP2)

Unfortunately, Outlook does not support import or export on user defined fields. You can't see them in any Office product either. It's kind of complex to go into here. I think your best bet is to browse to http://support.microsoft.com and, in the search area do a search for the combination of export and contact. Set the product to Outlook 2002. There are a couple of articles that provide the code for this.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Export User-Defined Field??? (Outlook XP SP2)

Thanks so much for your help.

I thought I was going insane, b/c I got this to work a few weeks ago. Now that I read the article on MS' website, I remember that the way they specify to do this is exactly how I got this to work previously.

I don't know whether I'm grateful for finding out that I'm not going insane or sad that my memory is so shot!!!

I hope MS gets this sorted in the next version of Outlook!!!! [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks heaps for you help.