New Lounger
    Thanks

Create an Evaluation Form (2000)

I need to create an evaluation form to be sent, filled out and returned electronically. How would this be done? I want to have Name:___________________________, Company:___________________ etc.
    and they type in their name, company, etc.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Create an Evaluation Form (2000)

I attach a sample form.

A word Form is created using the forms toolbar. It divides a document into the bits you want filled in and the bits that just can be read. After you insert the form fields (text boxes, drop downs, tick boxes) you lock the document, and this allows the user to fill in the form fields, but nothing else.

I have laid all this out in a table, but that is just one way to lay it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks

I would prefer the layout to be more along the lines of:
    Name:____________________________________________T itle:___________________________________ Company: __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Address:__________________________________________ __________________Suite__________________ City______________________________________________ State________________ZIP_________________
    Phone____________________FAX______________________ __Email_________________________________

Any suggestions on how to make this work? I tried last night and have been working on it for quite a while this morning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It's a bit dangerous to use tables when all the cells differ in size from row to row. Better to use custom tab stops to align your headings and fields, although table cells have the advantage of maintaining formatting if the text exceeds one line. On third thought, you could use individual one-line tables and apply the hidden style to the paragraphs in-between them to avoid the problem mentioned in the first sentence.

Now that we have a working theory for the layout issue, have you got the part about the form fields nailed down?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

A variation on a table layout is to have one with quite a few columns (perhaps 8), then merge groups of cells on each row to create the layoput you want. I don't have problems with these type of tables, and a table provides a structure for the document that gives the layout stability.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John