Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

obtaining names of procedures

Is there an fast method for obtaining names of procedures when generating code in Word97/VBA?

When I'm in the VBA code for a form module, I can type "me." w/o quotes, and be presented with a list of available procedures.

I'd love to make use of a similar device in a regular (non-form) code module, but can't work out what it should be.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: obtaining names of procedures

This is one of those procedures I always mean to write and never get around to. As far as I know, it would involve stepping through the modules line by line and identifying the procedures based on the "Sub Whatever(" or "Function Whatever(" strings.

In a class module (i.e., a form module), procedures are methods and properties of the class. That's why they show up like that. And you can never use Me to refer to a standard module, only to class objects.
    Charlotte

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

> stepping through the modules line by

I can do that. Not a problem. That's how I build a cross-reference list of procedures for the procedure Stripper (strips unreferenced procs from a template). That technique won't help me at the typing-program-code stage.

>procedures are methods and properties of the class

That's why I can't do what i want in a regular module.

I feel an exploratory series of "Class Modules" posts coming on .... (runs shrieking an dducking for cover ....)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

They're only scary before you get to know them, Chris. After that, they're just ugly.[img]/S/grin.gif[/img]
    Charlotte