New Lounger
    Thanks

Error 1321 installing SP3 (Office 2000 SR1a)

Always getting this error message: "The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file- H:PFilesMSOfficeOfficeExcel.exe" where 'H' is my CD drive. Had this problem with the last Word and Excel patch just before SP3 too. I believe it has to do with the fact that I installed SP1a with Windows Installer v1xx and have since upgraded to v2 as advised on Office Update site to install one of the patches available. Anyone know of a workaround to install the Service Pack without un-installing Office first?

Thank you,
    Robert

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error 1321 installing SP3 (Office 2000 SR1a)

Your Installer tried to upgrade the file on CD and of course was unable to do it. Do you have any component on your Office installation with option "Run from CD?" If so, change the option to "Run from My Computer"
    (Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Office... from the list | Change | Add or Remove Features... )

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error 1321 installing SP3 (Office 2000 SR1a)

Thanks for the reply. After receiving Woody's latest newsletter and his subsequent 'downgrade' regarding SP3, I have decided to wait and hope (n