Star Lounger
    Thanks

DAP Security (Access 2000 SR1)

I am creating my first Data Access Page (DAP), in an existing MS Access database. The Access database has security with the .MDW residing on a shared network server. Rather than joining a workgroup (from WRKGADM.EXE), users invoke security from the specific .MDW via a switch in the target property of a shortcut ("C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeMSACCESS.EXE" "CataStore_SQLDataStore.mdb" /wrkgrp OnyxDataDataStore_FMDataStore_MDW.mdw /excl).

When I open my new DAP in IE6, I am prompted for a Data Source Logon - name and password, similar to opening the Access .mdb file, itself. BUT my Logon name and password DO NOT WORK ("Not a valid account name or password.").

Without forcing every user to join a workgroup, is there a way to invoke the security of a specified .MDW when opening a DAP?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: DAP Security (Access 2000 SR1)

Are you saying that the shortcut referencing the workgroup isn't working or how are you opening the DAP? Have you tried using UNC paths instead of mapped paths?
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know enough about the web stuff (HTML, etc.). I will talk to our IT group for more hand-holding.

But let me answer, and then ask a bit more. The shortcut opens the .MDB, invoking the security from the specified .MDW. I am opening the DAP (.htm) directly (through Windows Explorer, or within IE by the FileOpen dialog).
    Can I invoke the security .MDW in a UNC path? What's the basic syntax for that?

(I won't ask for a lesson on all this web stuff. I know that this is not the appropriate place for that level of detail.)
    Thank you!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The security should be built into the DAP already. The SystemDatabase property in the connection specifies the MDW and the login and password are in the connection properties as well.
    Charlotte