New Lounger
    Thanks

Runtime becomes default choice (Access XP)

When Access runtime is installed on a machine that has an older full version of Access on it, the runtime seems to become the default choice. Meaning that if someone tries to open a db created in the older access version, it starts, or at least tries to start using the runtime version. You can work around this by creating a shortcut targeted to the original full version. My question: Is there a way to have the older version be the default choice and go to runtime only w/ correctly targeted shortcuts?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Runtime becomes default choice (Access XP)

This may or may not be relevant, but when I had both A97 and A2000 installed on the same machine, it was the most recently used version that became the default, i.e. the default would switch back and forth. I couldn't find a way around it other than either using shortcuts or opening the correct version directly once to get the default into the correct state. The same may apply to runtime.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

When you have multiple versions of Access on a machine, the last one used is the default for the next time you try to open a database by doubleclicking it. One workaround that I use is to create shortcuts in the SendTo folder that include the full path to the particular version of Access. Then I just right click a database and select the appropriate version in the SendTo list.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I may be stuck with using workarounds. Thanks again.