Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Maximum number of slides (2002)

Anybody know what is the maximum number of slides you can put into a single presentation? BTW, I recently saw a page in the MKB that gave the maximum this and that in Office apps, such as the largest font size, minimum and maximum page width...but I can't remember where I found that information. Can you help me find it? Thanks!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Maximum number of slides (2002)

There is no limit except 2,147,483,647 (the largest long integer), but you will run out of audience and system resources long before that. Depending on your system and the complexity of your slides, 100 to 300 slides with images will bring your system to its knees. Better to have a lot of small presentations and link them together. Microsoft PowerPoint MVP TAJ Simmons has a Linking Presentations Together Seamlessly tutorial as well as another tutorial on Efficient Use of Bitmap Graphics. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for that very informative reply! The question came from a classmate (we're in an Access class), and I told him the same thing: No audience can stand more than X number of slides! But it's interesting trivia anyway. The links you gave will come in handy, I'm sure. Thank you!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Uh-oh; I think I am in trouble. I am creating a slide show for my mother's 100th birthday in PowerPoint 2007. On a template background (flowers) each slide has one jpg taking up most of the available display area.

I am up to 130 slides and the file is already 28,580k. I'd ideally like to include close to 1,000 slides (highlights from five generations comprising about 50 close relatives). Fear not, no one is actually going to have to sit quietly through the slide show as it will be a projected in the background during a reunion luncheon.

The reason I need a presentation format is that my mom wants the pictures to display in chronological order.

I don't mind the work but am afraid either PowerPoint or my computer might crash at some point. Any suggestions are welcome.

Susan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As SammyB wrote higher up in this thread, you can create several presentations and link them together.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I read the thread but wondered if anything had changed in the intervening years, either with PowerPoint's capacity or with new programs to link presentations.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As far as I know, there have been no significant changes in this respect.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, I'll let you know if I find anything different.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Good afternoon

I found a free application a while back (it may have been here in the lounge, Software Finds and Wants, I can't remember, it is called iSpring and it converts PP's into flash format which makes them a lot smaller and more portable, emailable etc. perhaps that will do wany you want.

http://www.ispringsolutions.com

I am not sure if it will make a significant difference but perhaps if you change the picture formats to .gif it might help.

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Steve; I'll give your suggestions a try.
    Susan